Guardian Forums
Welcome. If you are a guest or are new to metaphysics, feel free to join. This is a great community where you can start your path. Please register to view more of the forums. Join today!
Guardian Forums
Welcome. If you are a guest or are new to metaphysics, feel free to join. This is a great community where you can start your path. Please register to view more of the forums. Join today!
Guardian Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardian Forums

Connection Through Metaphysical Concept

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthTyrael
DarthTyrael

Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure Empty
PostSubject: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime1/22/2014, 3:31 am

So yesterday I tried meditating (which I haven't done for quite a while). It went really strange.
Reflecting upon this experience, it must've been the furthest stage of entering a trance I've gotten myself into. However, I wasn't able to achieve a full trance.

As my head was getting woozy, I started feeling a tingling sensation all over my body. My body felt warm, and all of a sudden I was brought back to full consciousness by a feeling of nauseousness.

After a quick break, the nausea disappeared and I tried it again, only getting to this stage and the nauseousness returning so bad, it made me want to throw up (luckily for me I didn't, I hate vomiting).

Can anybody explain to me how this happened? Because I really want to get into this state of trance. I never got this far in my mediation efforts!

(Note: I smoked a cigarette and drank a bit of cola before doing this. Maybe that's the case, but I want to explore other explanations first.)
Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime1/23/2014, 9:52 pm

what is your method of meditation?
how is your body while you meditate?
have you tried it again after these two times?
Back to top Go down
DarthTyrael
DarthTyrael

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime1/24/2014, 11:45 am

I tried switching between gazing and inhibitory meditation (resisting the urge to do anything).
I felt relaxed and as I described above I felt a tingling sensation starting from my stomach (which felt really warm).
I tried it yesterday, only I didn't get to the sensation state which I got last time. =(
Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime1/26/2014, 10:05 am

but you didnt get that sick feeling either?
you could have been overly ccupied by your thoughts, which stopped you from feeling that sensation. remember you should be letting go of your thoughts, youll have time for them after you finish meditating Wink

either way, do not be afraid to try again.

was that sick feeling you felt anything like when your head is spinning (even if you were with closed eyes) ?
Back to top Go down
Dramega
Admin
Admin
Dramega

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime1/28/2014, 2:22 pm

That tingling sensation is the beginning stages of the body going numb. All types of inhibitory meditation (gazing, deprivation, focus) center around shutting the physical body down in order to get in touch with the mind. Minus the caffeine intake, your body was probably not used to this level,and you came back to full mind. When doing this is a good idea to shut the mind down as well, work with exercises that focus the mind on single points (gazing, sigils, etc). This will focus the mind and stop the fast thought race that happens when the body goes numb. After the entire body goes numb and your feel as a thought, flowing energy, some element (whatever the sensation is for you), you can utilize the trance.
Back to top Go down
https://gnforums.aforumfree.com
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime1/28/2014, 8:02 pm

feeling of warmth, could be an energetic feeling rather than numbness.
Back to top Go down
DarthTyrael
DarthTyrael

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime3/29/2014, 2:56 pm

- Electric touch: Yes that spinning feeling was exactly how I would describe it, as if my head was going everywhere else but straight.

- Dramega: Thank you for the tips, I will utilize them in further meditations.

P.S. sorry for replying so late, college is killing me at the moment...

Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime4/4/2014, 3:55 pm

im not sure its the same thing but ive experienced several times while meditating such a sensation, even with closed eyes it was as if my sight moved repeatedly to a certain side, or was it from one side to the other?
ive also done this with open eyes, a somewhat interesting experience yet i have no idea why it happened..
it came and went a few time, but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Dramega
Admin
Admin
Dramega

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime5/27/2014, 4:29 pm

No problem. My summer just started. This last semester killed me with projects. I had no time for anything but school.
Back to top Go down
https://gnforums.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure   Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please advise/give information: Odd meditation failure
Page 1 of 1