Guardian Forums
Welcome. If you are a guest or are new to metaphysics, feel free to join. This is a great community where you can start your path. Please register to view more of the forums. Join today!
Guardian Forums
Welcome. If you are a guest or are new to metaphysics, feel free to join. This is a great community where you can start your path. Please register to view more of the forums. Join today!
Guardian Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardian Forums

Connection Through Metaphysical Concept

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Occult Savvy Animals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LadySnow
LadySnow

Occult Savvy Animals Empty
PostSubject: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime8/31/2013, 11:37 pm

A big topic of interest for me are totems, spirit animals, guardians, and familiars. Don't worry, I do differentiate between them but all together I enjoy hearing and talking about them.

So what about you guys? Which do you address? What specific animal(s) are they? What have they taught you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.arcaneunlocked.com/
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/1/2013, 5:25 am

so spiders? your thing?

cant really say i had any real experience with any of them so far.
is familiars about creating a "spiritual" animal, while spirit animals are actually already existing spirits of animals?
Back to top Go down
LadySnow
LadySnow

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/2/2013, 2:00 am

A familiar is a physical animal that assists a practitioner/student of the occult in their work. They're occasionally confused for pets but generally are considered to have more a sense of individuality and aren't there because you own them but because of a deep connection on a spiritual level.

Spirit animals are more closely related to animal guides, they're spirits that appear to you for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/2/2013, 4:27 am

i see..
what about energy created beings/animals, where do they sit? sophisticated constructs?
Back to top Go down
LadySnow
LadySnow

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/2/2013, 1:20 pm

Those would be considered thoughtforms.
Back to top Go down
Enotomobonato

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/5/2013, 11:10 pm

Besides knowing the animals i have no idea how to associate with them.I most i try to do is visit them in the zoo. I'm hoping i don't come across my guardian because that would mean life would get difficult.( Llama, Arctic fox)

Also since we are discussing constructing living things, what have you guys tried to make?
Back to top Go down
LadySnow
LadySnow

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/6/2013, 12:31 am

The presence of a guardian animal or them simply appearing for the first time doesn't necessarily mean life for you is about to get more difficult. More often than not by them showing up means that you're ready for the lessons they offer or are simply more attuned to subtle energies (meaning you only couldn't see them before because you either weren't trying or didn't have the experience that allows you to perceive them).

Also, whether you perceive an animal spirit guide, totems, or what have you usually depends on the spiritual beliefs you go by. That being said, how to associate with one can be more easily determined by your path.
Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/6/2013, 8:05 am

im guessing you could connect with any physical animal by meditating with it, reaching a clear state of mind and "syncing" to its frequancy (correct me if im wrong here).
i found that animals respond a lot better to humans when we are in a clear state of mind, i have a bounch of cats near my building, one day when i got into a state while coming home, around three to five of them got near me, stood and just stared at me, when normally they dont come near you and if you go near them they run away.

snow, what do you mean by associating according to your path?

i havent tried making a "living" energy being, i dont really feel comfortable with that yet. i do make an energy made wolf and animate it, from time to time, as a practice of energy manipulation, energy details and energy sight. thought about making him independent in the future, but havent got to it yet, im currently on something else.
Back to top Go down
Enotomobonato

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/8/2013, 6:50 am

I guess that could be a way to take it.(By the way the animals in parenthesis was an estimated guess on the current spirit guide, i don't actually know what my guardian is right now.That's why i said it would get difficult) Speaking of which, why didn't you guys share yours?

I try to connect with my pets when i come home from school. Once i got my dog to jump around out of nowhere.The topic was how was she doing. Another time i connected with some animals was with some stray cats ( a grayish and a black cat). Both for some reason wouldn't let me go to the bus stop.Ether they were underneath my foot or standing in the way or just rubbing on my leg.( got the black cat to circle my legs like they do at dog shows after i gave up trying to go)
Back to top Go down
Dramega
Admin
Admin
Dramega

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/8/2013, 7:33 pm

I usually associate with dragons for spiritual guides and spiritual animals. That's what I was drawn to when I started and have sense developed various connections and workings with said guides.

I work with many thoughtforms in place of familiars. One of my favorites being a homunculus, which was developed in my younger years.

Recently, I have taken a route in working with a familiar, more specifically my ball python. Given the fact I have a large amount of respect for her.
Back to top Go down
https://gnforums.aforumfree.com
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/9/2013, 8:59 am

homunculus as in a small human being?
Back to top Go down
Dramega
Admin
Admin
Dramega

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/12/2013, 8:07 pm

Basically, under some paradigms it is understood as a replica, non-sentient human, or mirror thoughtform. Depending on your plans, one can be built for aiding or protecting oneself. Popular usage includes using them as a high level thought form to aid in ritual work. Godhead type builds work to protect someone or something. Simple replicas can be made for healing purposes as well.
Back to top Go down
https://gnforums.aforumfree.com
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/13/2013, 5:37 am

what kind of experience do you have in this lady snow?
Back to top Go down
LadySnow
LadySnow

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/19/2013, 9:31 am

How about none? lol I've done higher level thoughtforms with a certain level of sentience and perceived self-awareness but I never really considered them homunculi. It's the field I work in mostly, I never really required an artificial human as you might call it.
Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/19/2013, 12:04 pm

i meant about "totems, spirit animals, guardians and familiars" and the original reason you opened this post =P
Back to top Go down
LadySnow
LadySnow

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/19/2013, 11:34 pm

Well I had a familiar for a long time, her name is GeeGee. She also happened to be our pet dog (though I don't associate the two). Unfortunately when my Grandmother moved away she took GeeGee with her. It was tragic as I don't get to see my baby girl much.

Beyond that my first two totems are owl and spider. The owl has taught me what it means to be mindful. The spider has taught me to be brave. I'm still discovering my totems and learning from my current ones.

I don't really have guides and if I do they are really bored and will continue to be. I do not seek them or their counsel, I prefer to keep most matters to myself and deal with them as such.

Why I asked? I like to talk about this stuff. I have a very tender spot in my heart for animals, subtle and physical.
Back to top Go down
Electric Touch
Initiate
Initiate
Electric Touch

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/20/2013, 8:32 am

so what is the difference between a totem and a familiar? i thought totems arent leaving things.
did you have any actual psychic connection with any of them or did you learn from them by situations, things that happened with them?
Back to top Go down
LadySnow
LadySnow

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime9/21/2013, 5:07 pm

A totem is a symbol based on an animal of some sort. Each person has multiple totems of different orders. That combination can define what they will or may learn in life as they grow. A highly spiritual person can observe or interact with the actual animal their totem is based on and learn perhaps more.

A familiar is an actual, physical creature that assist a practitioner during their work and/or occult related duties. Not to be confused for animal spirit guides which may sometimes also assist you but are primarily for guidance, familiars are just little animal helpers. What differentiates a familiar from a pet is a higher level of connection, a lack of need for containment (sometimes familiars are wild animals), and an uncanny understanding for occult practice (familiars know what to do, pets are trained).

You can have a bond allowing more of an emotional connection between you and your familiar. You can also have such an immediate bond with the animals your totems are based on.

I learned from my totems through situation which I'd say is the most common method. I've also done deep meditative techniques to connect better with my "inner spider", one could say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occult Savvy Animals   Occult Savvy Animals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occult Savvy Animals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guardian Forums :: Metaphysical Beginnings :: Experiences :: Stories-
Jump to: